Shop at http://buffalojackson.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=backpack
Not long before our father died, my brother and I invited him to join us for a hike in Yosemite valley. He showed up carrying an old vintage leather bag from God knows when. Come to find out, it belonged to Frank, our father’s college roommate who went off to Viet Nam and never came home. He had filled the ancient pack with glass jars of homemade jellies and jams, fresh baked bread, and pounds of salami. He was the walking antithesis of the go-light principle. But he carried it that day with a young man’s strength and determination, as if for that day he was reborn. My brother and I still look back on that as one of the best days of our lives together.
I still have that bag, and used it as the model for the Yosemite Heritage Collection of bags. Crafted of waxed canvas and vegetable tanned leather, these bags were built to honor the memory of good men and good days.
This military duffle bag is outfitted for folks and styled in true military duffle fashion but a tad smaller to allow you to take on trips with a weekends worth of gear as opposed to a year long war. We think frank would be proud. Far from the old surplus store, this one …well, you just gotta see this duffle.
- Waxed Coated 15oz. Canvas
- Full Grain Leather - Vegetable Tan, Distressed Vintage Finishing
- Hammered Copper Rivets in All the Right Places
- Interior Laptop Slot / Sleeve (12-1/2” x 11”)
- 3 Interior Pockets for Pens and Phone
- Durable Nylon Thread
- Black Distressed Vintage Hardware
- Leather Side Carry Handle
- Leather Shoulder Straps / Padded / Adjustable
- Metal Grommet and Spring Hook System Keeps Bag Securely Closed
- Internal flap protects contents
- Side accessory pocket for pens, snap enclosure
- Outside Zip Compartment for travel Documents
- Imported - Mexico
Dimensions: 12” L x 28” H x 10” W
Weight: 5 lbs